Bruce Katlin Creates And The Running Artist

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Blind Man Running

Less than there weeks to go until the New York City Half-Marathon and I have already won the race for happiness.

After training for several months with blind runner Dale Layne and the WABC Run with Heidi Program I've become as close to anyone as I possibly could. Literally. Take a look at the interview with Dale that aired this evening and you'll see what we all see: one person helping to inspiring others. I keep telling Dale that I'm getting more out of our relationship than he is but he doesn't understand. In the training and development industry we would call this Observational Learning. There is definitely a difference between inspiration and pity. I feel no pity for Dale only respect and love for a great blind man running.

No comments: